Monday, September 2, 2013

Resting after a first round at the new Manatee County Golf Course

Labor day is resting day for me. Yesterday I played the Manatee Country Golf Course for the first time after the new greens were put in. I have not played this course in a couple years or so. I was very pleased with the course. Very long from the back tees and the greens had nice speed and rolled good as well. Usually it take up to a year for them to be in good shape. Shot a 79 and made some $. Interesting round of golf. 6 bogeys and 3 birdies on the front. 2 birdies were pretty good. One on a 467 yard par 4. I chipped it in from 20 yards. The other one on 9. Put a 147 fairway bunker shot close to the pin and made the putt. Back 9 was good and again I had a couple saves for par. No birdie on the back. Had plenty of opportunity for more birdies and pars. One can only imagine what will happen if those are converted. Day by day it is getting better and confidence is growing. I will not play until Friday or Saturday. Then I start preparing for the Manatee County Open. 3 days of golf, 3 golf courses. This will be the first of 4 bigger tournaments to see where I am standing. Exciting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments which are advertising, spam or negative. Productive comments are welcome.